[Canceled]Get involved in the upcoming Civil Defense Drill on May 16th!
Get involved in the upcoming
Civil Defense Drill on May 16th!
□ What is Civil Defense Drill?
○ The Civil defense drill includes a set of activities designed to protect the lives and properties of the public during emergency situations, such as war or natural disasters. In the event of an emergency, an air-raid warning siren goes off to signal the need for evacuation and prompt the community to take precautions.
○ Tuesday, May 16th, 2023 at 2:00 PM
○ All across Korea
□ What activities does it involve?
○ Evacuation drills that simulate emergency situations following the sounding of an air-raid warning siren.
□ Warning siren
○ At 2:00 PM, an air-raid warning siren will go off across the country for a duration of 3 minutes to signal the commencement of the drill. For the following 15 minutes, pedestrian and vehicle traffic will be strictly controlled.
□ What to do during the drill?
○ When the air-raid warning siren goes off, immediately evacuate to the nearest shelter.
○ If you happen to be outside when the air-raid warning siren goes off, please follow the instructions of the safety personnel and evacuate to the nearest shelter. If there are no outdoor shelters available, please seek shelter indoors.
○ Upon arrival at the shelter, please tune into the Arirang Radio Station broadcast and follow the instructions provided.
○ Stay prepared in advance by identifying the locations of the nearest designated shelters from your home and school.